At present, the methods for recycling waste plastics mainly include:
(1) Incineration or landfill;
(2) Waste plastic as fuel for heat recovery:
(3) Waste Plastic Replaces Coke as Reductant for Ironmaking
(4) Cracking to produce fuel oil.
In addition, there are many resources utilization technologies. However, these processing technologies also have deficiencies, which are mainly reflected in the following aspects:
(1) If waste plastics are burned or used as fuel, C02, S02, and N0x in the air will increase. And other harmful substances, hydrogen chloride gas and highly toxic two-inch helium for chlorine-containing plastics;
(2) Landfill disposal occupies a large amount of cultivated land and causes groundwater pollution;
(3) If it is technically feasible to produce fuel oil as a raw material, due to the large investment, the product quality and selling price cannot be compared with oil, so it cannot be industrialized in a short period of time. For chlorine-containing plastics, hydrogen chloride must be removed first, and hydrogen chloride gas must be recovered, otherwise it may cause environmental pollution.
It shows that the recycling of waste PVC plastics has higher technical requirements, and the amount of waste PVC is second only to waste polyethylene. Therefore, the recycling of oxygen-containing plastics is a subject worthy of attention.